Many women are sceptical about using cleaning oils on our faces. We go out of our way to get oil-free products when shopping for cosmetics, so why would anyone willingly slather oil all over her own face?
The truth is, by using the right cleansing oils, you can draw out all the dirt and bacteria clinging to your skin. This is also an awesome method to remove excess oil from your skin. That doesn’t make sense right? Think of it this way: your cleansing oil is the good oil and the excess sebum in your skin is the bad oil. The good oil absorbs into the skin, mixes with the bad oil and draws it out. This is why cleansing oils are very important, water cannot achieve this. It is not possible for water to dissolve oil, for this type of deep cleansing, you would need good oil instead.
Apart from the major reason mentioned above, here are five other reasons why you need to start using cleansing oils in your skincare routine.
- To take off the day’s makeup. Believe it or not, most of your makeup products are not water soluble. This means that you can’t get rid of every trace of them, just by washing with water. After a cleanse, your skin might appear clean, but there is a very high chance that you still have chemicals clinging to your skin. Over time, properties like this clog up the pores, leading to breakouts and even infections.
- Natural cleansing oils are very rich and hydrating. unlike chemical loaded cleansers that dry the skin out. These oils are great multi-taskers. Cleaning oils they clean, moisturize, hydrate and feed the skin at the same time.
- Natural cleansing oils such as green tea and white tea oils act as natural astringents. They also contain antioxidants that act as protectors to the skin cells. They fight against free radicals that could be harming or killing off skin cells and help to heal already damaged cells.
- They contain anti-inflammatory properties, healing previous skin injuries. These injuries might not be visible and you might not even know you have them, which is even more dangerous. They could come from scrubs or cleansers infused with chemicals or alcohol. Natural oils heal these injuries and protect the skin from future harm.
- They act as natural exfoliants. They loosen the dead skin cells on the surface of the skin, wash them away and allow new skin cells to show through which eliminates dull, dry looking skin.
Additionally unlike cleansers that strip the skin of its natural oils, Cleansing oil melts them and then replaces them. This way, skin issues like over production of sebum and acne breakouts cannot be triggered. Your skin will remain in a constant balanced state.
You need to remember that oil cleansing is for everybody. It doesn’t matter if you have oily or combination skin. If you are really bothered about using oils on your face, start light. Invest in lightweight oils for your oil cleansing regimen to be 100 percent effective.